3 month Fixed Term Contract
£25,000 – £30,000 (pro-rata)
Our client is recognised as one of the UK’s leading law firms and they are currently looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to join their successful Real Estate team on an initial 3 month contract.
The main purpose of the role is to provide a support service, to the partners within the department. The support provided will be as part of a team with shared responsibilities. The role comprises of a combination of secretarial and administration duties including document control, client support, administration and diary management.
- Provide comprehensive and timely word processing service for the creation, amendment of documents using Word, Excel, DeltaView, BigHand and other relevant technology i.e. PowerPoint and Laserforms
- Diary management for the team, arranging internal and external meetings.
- Ensuring documents returned to the lawyers accurately reflect original request before returning work.
- Prepare, collate and index legal documents
- Payment of Counsel fees
- Undertake online client searches
- Manage all filing activities, including opening new files, filing, archiving and sending files for storage
- Carry out management of post including replying and drafting replies to routine correspondence
- Organise all travel arrangements
- Keep the lawyer’s diary up to date using Outlook
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Legal Secretary/PA as well as secretarial qualifications, either RSA or Pitman’s and/or a recognised secretarial diploma along with a proven ability to be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and the ability to prioritise effectively. You will be highly organised with excellent attention to detail and experience of dealing with a high volume of document production in a legal environment. You must also possess advanced knowledge of Word, Outlook and a typing speed of 65-70 wpm. Experience of digital dictation would be an advantage but is not essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.