Fixed Term Contract for 1 year
£19,503 to £22,736
My client is an independent special school for children with severe learning difficulties. A full-time maternity cover position has arisen for a Recruitment Assistant to join their small and friendly HR team. The role is working within the care and education sector. Reporting to the Head of HR, the role is responsible for the full process of Recruitment and Selection. The role is very fast paced and the recruitment volume is high and they are looking for someone with previous recruitment experience.
The role involves being solely responsible for the management of the recruitment and selection process ensuring the Company follows Safer Recruitment at all times.
- Managing the relationships with recruitment agencies on the PSL placing live vacancies with them as well as solely managing the response from direct recruitment adverts
- Contact suitable candidates to confidently talk to them about the school, role and their experience.
- Pre-employment checks such as sending and chasing references
- Undertaking DBS checks, gaining foreign police checks as well as undertaking further checks such as Prohibition from Teaching checks and management checks.
- HR recruitment and on-boarding administration
- Writing job adverts and deciding on the most appropriate places to advertise
- Preparing all contracts of employment and associated documentation
- Managing and maintaining the Single Central Record
- Managing the creation of all ID badges ensuring photos are taken of all new starters.
- Managing the renewal of all employee DBS’s which are 3 years old
- Informing the line manager of the probation review date and produce relevant correspondence
- Operating the Company’s award schemes for recruitment and long service
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to build good working relationships at all levels. You will have a least one years’ experience of working in recruitment and must be proficient in using an HR system as all new starters must be added onto the system in a timely manner for payroll. You must also be organised and able to work under pressure due to the fast-paced nature of the role.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff are expected to share this commitment. The successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.