£23,000 – £25,000 FTE
My client, an established law firm have a newly created role for a Compliance Assistant to join their compliance team. You will be reporting directly to the firm’s Compliance Officer for Legal Practice and working closely with the firm’s Legal Risk & Compliance Manager on a day to day basis.
- Assisting with the administration of the firm’s internal compliance function on a day to day basis;
- Maintaining compliance training registers;
- Organising firm wide in person training and maintaining the firm’s on-line training platform;
- assisting with new starter compliance engagement;
- Performing compliance file verifications, liaising with Legal Risk & Compliance Manager regarding any remedial actions and associated follow up;
- Maintaining the firm’s compliance registers as required by SRA and ICO etc.
- Assistance with maintaining the firm’s SRA records;
- Assisting with practising certificate renewals;
- General compliance record keeping & monitoring;
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are capable of working on their own initiative whilst being a strong team player. An ability to consistently maintain high standards will be essential as will excellent IT skills. Additionally you must possess at least 5 GCSE’s Grade A* to C including Maths and English. Experience of working in a legal environment is not required, although an interest in legal risk and compliance would be desirable. Data entry skills will be essential as well as good attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
This a part time role requiring approximately 22.5 hours per week which could be worked over 3, 4 or 5 days. Salary will be dependent upon experience.
Whilst we would love to be able to respond to every application we receive, it isn’t always possible. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.