Network & Systems Engineer
My client, a forward-thinking and customer-focused fleet management business, is looking for a Network & Systems Engineer to join their team.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that all IT support is delivered efficiently and effectively in line with the operational requirements of the business and the IT strategy.
• Responsible for provision of first and second-line technical support to the internal customer.
• Support the Network & Systems Manager and external suppliers (where applicable) with infrastructure upgrades, maintenance and renewals.
• Undertake end-user computing device builds including – hardware & software support, installation, configuration, and deployment of laptops, desktops, tablets & smartphones.
• Taking Scheduled backups, and logging details.
• Printer management, toners stock maintenance, and ordering from the supplier.
• General network support and maintenance, cabling and patching
• Use of software to manage, monitor and respond proactively to incidents.
• Ensuring internal customers are kept informed regarding on-going tickets and effective communication is used at all times.
• Running training sessions and workshops on system processes.
• Achieving agreed and contracted SLA’s.
• Work on projects and deliverables as agreed by the Network & Systems Management.
• Work with 3rd parties to support the resolution of network & systems problems.
• Identify areas of improvement and make recommendations to appropriate parties.
• In line with ISO standards and the company’s quality management system, ensure all documentation, processes and procedures are reviewed and updated.
• Ensure that service delivery to internal customers across all sites meets the expectations of the business.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role, a basic understanding of networking and Cisco switching/router knowledge. You must also have experience of supporting Windows 10 as well as Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies, DNS, DHCP. This role would also be perfect for a recent IT graduate. The successful candidate will have passion and enthusiasm coupled with great customer communication skills and a solid technical understanding. There will be occasional travel to other sites therefore you must hold a full driving licence.
Whilst we would love to be able to respond to every application we receive, it is not always possible. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.