£25,000 – £30,000
6 month fixed term contract
Our client is recognised as one of the UK’s leading law firms and they are currently looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to join them in a fixed term contract, initially for 6 months.
The main purpose of the role is to provide a support service, to the partners within the department. The support provided will be as part of a team with shared responsibilities. The role comprises of a combination of secretarial and administration duties including document control, client support, administration and diary management.
- Provide comprehensive and timely word processing service for the creation, amendment of documents using Word, Excel, DeltaView, BigHand and other relevant technology i.e. PowerPoint and Laserforms
- Ensuring documents returned to the lawyers accurately
- Proof reading documents
- Prepare, collate and index legal documents
- Ensure the names of clients are known and the job holder is established as the point of contact in lawyer’s absence and on a day to day basis
- Support the billing process e.g. ensuring that the bill is sent within agreed time and answering simple client queries
- Payment of Counsel fees
- Undertake online client searches
- To assist in answering the telephone promptly at all times
- To provide cover for other secretaries during lunch on a rota basis
- Manage all filing activities, including opening new files, filing, archiving and sending files for storage
- Undertake photocopying/scanning
- Carry out management of post including replying and drafting replies to routine correspondence
- Draft and send faxes and correspondence
- Organise all travel arrangements
- Keep the lawyer’s diary up to date using Outlook
- Arrange internal and external meetings, liaising with reception
- Ensure all papers are ready for the lawyer at the beginning of the day
- Schedule forward meetings, appointments, diary notes
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Legal Secretary/PA as well as secretarial qualifications, either RSA or Pitman’s and/or a recognised secretarial diploma along with a proven ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and the ability to prioritise effectively. You will be highly organised with excellent attention to detail and experience of dealing with a high volume of document production in a legal environment.
Whilst we would love to be able to respond to every application we receive, it isn’t always possible. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.