My client is an established and award-winning, Legal 500 ranked, a full-service law firm offering legal advice to UK and international businesses as well as individuals and families.
They are currently looking for a Legal Secretary to join their growing business, This role is part of a support team that provides secretarial and administrative support to fee earners.
- First point of contact for new client enquiries- presenting the firm in best light, obtaining relevant information, assessing the matter, and referring work to the Head of Department for allocation
- Diary management – appointment and meeting room bookings, team meetings, key dates/deadlines.
- File administration – file opening including all aspects of anti-money laundering compliance, file maintenance, file closures, archiving and will storage.
- To act as a witness for will signings & deal with will collections
- Secretarial work – including digital dictation, working with precedent letters.
- Systems and procedure use and compliance – maintaining an up to date knowledge of Firm and Department systems and procedures, adhering to Firm guidelines in course of own work and assisting other members of the team with systems and procedures.
- Billing and accounts administration – producing and issuing bills and statements of account, collating anticipated monthly fee income, liaising with fee earner and clients re: money on account, liaising with accounts team.
- Business development administration – logging and analysing enquiries, conversion rates and sources of work.
The ideal candidate will have excellent administrative skills and be able to maintain accuracy working at a fast pace. You must also be highly organised – able to manage and correctly prioritise own workload, able to manage work from multiple fee earners. Additionally you will be IT literate and willing to learn new systems. This would suit a law graduate looking for their first step into a law firm or an experienced legal secretary – salary is dependent on experience.
If you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.