Legal Secretary – Private Client
My client, an established law firm, is seeking a Legal Secretary to work in the Private Client department. The main purpose of the role is to provide a full legal secretarial service to the department.
- To build and maintain a basic knowledge of the legal services provided and the processes to be followed.
- To act as the first point of contact for all new enquiries in line with the new enquiry process.
- To establish client needs and promote services appropriate to the client including the upselling of services.
- To provide an initial overview of services and pricing.
- To log all new enquiries, monitoring the enquiry spreadsheet to ensure follow up action and recording outcome of enquiries.
- To direct clients on existing matters to the appropriate fee earner and engage with the fee earners on client updates.
- To provide general secretarial support to the fee earners as required including digital dictation, managing diaries and booking client appointments.
- To assist the PCD Admin Assistant with general administrative duties including; opening / closing files on Tikit, drafting and sending out TOBLs, conducting ID and AML checks, archiving and will storage etc.
- To monitor the fee earning billing spreadsheets to ensure ongoing records of bills are being maintained and produce bills for clients throughout the monthly billing cycle where possible and at month end.
- To update the fee earners on the billing position and WIP management.
- To produce reports and conducting analysis as and when required e.g. conversion rates, WIP, BD activities etc.
- To book professional skills training for fee earners as appropriate.
- To maintain a record of planned and completed department BD activities and prompt fee earners to complete outstanding tasks on a weekly basis using the practice management system.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines. You must also have previous experience of working in a similar role for a law firm. Additionally you will have a ‘can do’ attitude’, be prepared to get involved in all aspects of the department in terms of administration and the operation of the departments BD activities and events as well as good typing speeds (minimum 50wpm) and the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
Whilst we would love to be able to respond to every application we receive, it isn’t always possible. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.