My client is a well-established, leading South East law firm with a reputation for delivering exceptional service to their clients. They are currently looking for a Legal Float Secretary to cover their offices across Surrey and South West London
The main purpose of the role of Legal Secretary is to provide direct support to any principal/fee earner as required to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency.
- Prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
- Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the office assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up to date diary for his/her principal.
- Prepare the conference room for meetings as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting.
- Provide refreshments when asked to do so.
- Provide support to other secretaries as required.
- Provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care
- Undertake on-line form filling requirements
- Operate the Firm’s Case Management System
The ideal candidate will have previous Legal Secretarial experience in Property, Family and Private Client as well as intermediate/ advanced IT skills including audio dictation and case management systems. A fast and accurate typing seed is also essential. You will be able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to work and clients and provide an exceptional level of client care. You will also be an effective communicator, an efficient and organised administrator as well as having a high level of accuracy. The Legal Secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative and have a positive and flexible attitude.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.