Competitive salary with excellent benefits
My client is an award winning and highly regarded law firm who pride themselves on providing long term support to their clients. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Legal Cashier.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure the purchase ledger is maintained on a day to day basis and all payments and receipts are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining the purchase ledger and associated processing of invoices and timely payments.
- Posting money in & out of the Office and Client accounts, posting transactions between the Office and Client accounts and posting any sales credit notes as and when required.
- Identifying and recording money in and liaising with all departments to ensure money is identified in a timely matter and allocated correctly.
- Assisting all departments with any client ledger queries.
- Processing daily statements received to Client/Office accounts (AML and Land Registry etc.)
- Daily banking including Bankline payments preparation.
- Be able to run bank reconciliations in the absence of the Senior Cashier.
- Assisting the credit controller with debt collection, including taking card payments and dealing with client queries over the phone.
- Control of petty cash and all associated payments and reconciliations.
- Processing and paying all employee expense claims.
- Maintaining a good understanding of the SRA accounts rules.
The ideal candidate will have strong numerical skills as well as a good understanding of basic accounting. You will be proficient in MS Office and able to pick up new systems quickly. Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role and will therefore have a good understanding of money laundering and fraudulent transactions as well as knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
N.B. : RGS Recruitment would like to thank you for taking the time to apply, however due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.