My client is an award winning, highly regarded law firm which is growing fast and who pride themselves on providing long term support to their clients. They currently have a Legal Assistant vacancy within their Employment/Immigration team.
The main purpose of the role is to provide junior level fee earning support as well as full secretarial tasks for this busy department.
- Meeting fee-earning and time recording targets.
- Assist fee earners with caseload and undertaking fee earning work under direction of fee earner.
- Communication with the client and interaction with them around the immigration and employment requirements.
- Assist department within office with the answering of incoming calls
- Drafting documents including contracts, notes of advice, policies
- Preparing applications to change immigration status
- Management of the Home Office’s online sponsor licence system
- Perform diary management duties – including making of appointments, advising reception of clients/meetings.
- Assist in organising team’s business development plan and collate all necessary information for projects.
- Assist fee earners with preparation of client bills.
- Type all Digital Dictation.
- Ensure efficient use of firm’s IT equipment for case work, diary and administration.
- Ensure all client files comply with client care processes.
- Complete internal administration/account forms under fee earners’ direction.
- Ensure compliance with the firm’s archiving procedures
This would suit either a law graduate or a Legal Secretary looking for a fee-earning role within Employment and Immigration law. The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of office procedures along with a high level of organisation and time management skills. You must be IT literate with the ability to pick up new systems and processes quickly and possess a typing speed of 60wpm. You must be a confident communicator with an excellent telephone manner. Previous immigration or employment experience in a paralegal/secretarial/assistant role would be an advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.