My client is an award winning, Legal 500 ranked, full service law firm which is growing fast. They advise UK and international businesses and individuals, and pride themselves on providing legal advice, long term support and excellent service to their clients.
A growing firm means a busy IT team and they are now recruiting an IT Systems Administrator. This role works as part of the support team who provide a central point of contact for all IT support queries and work with the in-house development team of the firm’s practice management system. This post will provide 1st line support (telephone and face to face), which includes diagnostics and resolution where possible as well as training support.
- Monitor all IT support requests into the Help Desk system and ensure the requests are dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
- Produce documentation of IT Helpdesk procedures.
- Prioritise service requests and incidents by urgency and impact
- Provide basic application support on all desktop applications which includes Microsoft Office and case management systems.
- Install, support and relocate hardware and connecting devices to the network
- Troubleshoot software problems in a methodical way
- Assist with the development of the firm’s practice management system.
- Follow and adhere to all the firm’s policies and procedures
- Work with other members of IT to achieve a resolution to support calls
- Raise calls with third party suppliers
- Out of hours upgrades (if required).
- Participate in the delivery of IT projects and ensure that project tasks are delivered on time.
- Comply with the Firm’s procedures as set out in the Risk & Quality Manual (the up-to-date version of which is maintained on the Firm’s Intranet).
- Comply with the Firm’s administration policies as set out in the Firm’s Staff Manual (the up-to-date version of which is maintained on the Firm’s Intranet).
- Comply with the Firm’s IT policies as outlined in the Firm’s Security Manual (the up-to-date version of which is maintained on the Firm’s Intranet).
The ideal candidate will have an excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, previous client / customer service experience, strong interpersonal skills, good attention to detail and the ability to prioritise your workload. Experience of working with or knowledge of SQL and/or an industry recognised IT qualification is preferable as is experience of working in IT within a law firm. This role is a great opportunity for someone with an interest in IT who is looking for a change in career direction or is looking to start a career in IT and has the willingness to learn.
The successful candidate will be joining an expanding firm and working in a flexible, supportive and encouraging environment. We also offer competitive salaries and a range of employee benefits and investment in role development/training.
Whilst we would love to be able to respond to every application we receive, it isn’t always possible. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.