My client, a forward thinking and customer focused business, is looking for an experienced HR Advisor to join their small, friendly HR team. The main purpose of the role is to assist the HR Manager with the delivery of the people strategy to meet organisational and departmental objectives. You will actively support the operation of the business by delivering an effective, proactive and professional HR service.
This is a generalist role which will include Employee Relations, L&D, Recruitment, Compliance, Employee Reward and Payroll Management.
- Co-ordinate recruitment and selection activities, including liaising with recruitment agencies and updating the HR System
- To work with line managers throughout the recruitment and selection process, reviewing CV’s and application forms, shortlisting candidates on their behalf and advising them on suitability of candidates
- To carry out interviews together with line managers, senior management and HR Manager
- Manage the new starter process including contract packs and background screening
- In conjunction with the HR Manager, develop, co-ordinate, monitor and evaluate staff induction
- Carry out 3 month review process with employees
- To liaise with the payroll bureau regarding all monthly payroll adjustments and queries and ensuring that payroll adjustments are accurately reflected in the HR system
- To produce all staff correspondence including amendment to contracts
- To support the HR Manager in the annual salary review and bonus process
- To assist in the provision of monthly MI reports including workforce statistical data, performance, staff survey, recruitment and absence management
- To maintain and update employee records
- To provide advice and support to line managers in areas such as recruitment, employee relations, learning and development and best practice
- In conjunction with the HR Manager handle disciplinary, grievance or capability meetings
- Ensure that employee risk assessments are carried out in a timely manner
- To undertake the leaver process including arranging leaver surveys and distribution of results
- To manage the process for employee loyalty rewards
- Monitoring employee training needs
The ideal candidate will have a proven HR Generalist background with good knowledge of relevant HR policies, procedures and best practice combined with excellent knowledge of employment legislation. You will need to be able to effectively communicate, promote and uphold HR initiatives and values, including discretion and confidentiality as well as being able to research and analyse logically and effectively within tight timeframes. You must be able to produce accurate work to tight deadlines and have the ability to use a HR information system including, accessing, inputting, and compiling data. Payroll management experience is desirable. Personal traits should include diplomacy, empathy and flexibility. You must be a driver and be willing to travel to other sites. Although not essential, a Human Resources Management Degree and/or CIPD qualification would be beneficial.
To apply for this job email your details to Linda.firstname.lastname@example.org.