My client is recognised as one of the UK’s leading law firms. They genuinely care about their people and strive to build and maintain a diverse, inclusive and happy workforce. They are currently looking for a talented Business Development Manager to join their growing team.
The main purpose of the role is to support the business development efforts of three practice areas -dispute resolution, corporate and commercial. The role will work closely alongside the other BD Managers, with their own practice group responsibilities, and will be responsible for delivering a professional, high quality, proactive and consistent approach to business development. At the centre of the role is a drive to get the practice groups in front of the right clients and targets, to implement cross selling opportunities, to improve the pitching process and content and to support in the development of the new CRM system.
- Working with the practice groups to help draft, implement and deliver business plans as well as the marketing plans and budgets.
- Identifying collaborative campaigns and initiatives in line with the business plans to grow new and existing business
- Identifying profile-raising opportunities for the various practice groups working with the firm’s PR agency to ensure effective coverage.
- Advising on BD investment decisions at the practice group level, overseeing the expenditure reports and contributing to ensuring that the firm receives suitable return on investment.
- Supporting the Head of Marketing & BD and leadership with projects as required.
- Developing the pitch process to ensure effective consideration of opportunities
- Providing strategic management of pitches.
- Preparing partners ahead of client and target meetings.
- Researching and analysing competitor and market data/information.
- Devising and implementing client plans, as identified in the business planning process, in collaboration with the relationship partners.
- Regularly providing suggestions for ways of enhancing client relationships and/or cross selling relationships across practice and sector groups.
The style of working for this role needs to be inclusive across the marketing & BD team and wider business with regular reporting to the Head of Marketing & BD. The person will be a trusted adviser to the practice groups, helping them to deliver their business plans. You will be providing added-value support through the full marketing mix including profile raising through targeted campaigns, strategic management of pitches, client development and targeting programmes.
The ideal candidate will be degree educated with a CIM qualification and previous experience of marketing/business development in either a law firm or other professional services firm. You will have a proven ability to communicate effectively and be persuasive at a senior level. Additionally you must have the ability to manage multiple deliverables within a tight timeframe. Excellent stakeholder engagement, project management and organisation skills are also essential.
Whilst we would love to be able to respond to every application we receive, it is not always possible. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.